Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Time to reach out..guidance from the angels..

This is all so much for me.   I miss the comfort of not knowing.  Of getting up, working out for 2 or more hours, shopping, preparing dinner for my family, and then sometimes doing another workout in the evening along with my husband.    I miss being normal.  (was that even normal?)  I miss being "in the dark" about God and my life. 

I thought I was spiritual.  I thought I was loving.  I thought I was a good person.   I did my thing, not hurting anybody in the process.   I didn't know I was hurting myself.  Worshipping at the wrong alter.  I thought all was good and right with me and God.  Until lightning struck, and the world as I knew it was literally taken from me in an instant.   What has unfolded in the past 7 months has left my world upside down.  And my families too.  My physical self was unhinged.  I was sick.  I was undiagnosed.  I was lost.  Each hospitalization felt more defeating.   The doctors were looking at me  and acting like I was crazy.  I was dizzy, my vision was skewed.  I had headaches and neck pain.  I couldn't be upright without feeling like I was going to pass out.  My reflexes and heart rate were affected.   My breath left me when I talked. 

I spent days on the couch.  Watching the world around me.  Looking at my friends photos on facebook.   Life was carrying on and I was stripped of it.  I couldn't understand what was happening.  I can tell you the MOMENT my life changed.  And no one could help me.   I was so sad.  And my family... I was the Mom that created magic in this house.  The singing, the road trips, the dinners, the vacations.  My world revolved around the gym and my family, and I could no longer do either.  I had nothing.  I had darkness, sadness and fear.  I had a broken body.  I had tears, tears from my deepest places, that I struggled to hide from my kids.  They are older, sure, but everyone still lives at home and I have always created the energy in this house.  It was bad enough this was happening to me.  But to them!!  I almost couldn't bear it.  

What comes next is a breaking.  A huge breaking.  And I am still climbing my way out.  God shows up.  That is what I am learning.  That's what I hear.   That's where the struggle is.   That's the letting go that is keeping me stuck.  I feel glimpses of it., and then the fear wins.  I don't want to be this person.  This anxious, fearful girl.  I want to let go.  I want to trust.  I want to bend.  Breaking, can you please be done soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment